What do you mean by Spirituality?
St. Raphael Wellness Center accepts the following definition of Spirituality as a directive in the development and provision of programs in support of individuals and families experiencing the impact of addictions…..
• Spirituality is not Religion
• The essence of our Spirituality is one of “Universal Fit”.
• We are all an essential part of a “Universal” continuum in both time and place (Past, Present and Future).
• The “universal continuum” is aligned with a “Higher Power”
• We are a product of our past (heritage)
• Our actions in the present will inevitably have an influence on the future (positive or negative)
• The common string defining personal spirituality is one of connectiveness and a sense of purpose
Connectiveness is the defined as the role one plays in a variety of social settings including family, friends, work and community. That individual role is deemed to be an essential part of the whole.
Sense of Purpose can be defined as the sense that the individual is making a difference in other people’s lives (family, friends, work and community). It gives meaning to life and motivates personal growth and involvement in each of the aforementioned social settings.
SRWC will facilitate:
• An awareness and appreciation of the immensity of the Universal continuum past, present and future while at the same time appreciating the importance of this moment in the universal continuum.
• An awareness of their personal relationship with the universal continuum and the Higher Power
• An exploration of their personal need for connectiveness to the Higher Power, family, friends, work and community.
• Personal identification of their gifts, talents and experiences that can be shared to affect the lives of others in a positive way (sense of purpose)
• Active implementation of this connectiveness in all social settings
• Active sharing of gifts, talents and experiences in such a way as to positively influence/affect others.
• Personal pride in their sense of self worth, their purpose in the universal continuum and the steps taken to maximize their human potential.